BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Brunei, Jungle Village 2..

Dated 2005.. (Please read Brunei, Jungle Village before this)

Thought everything ended for that day.. I was right, everything had ended for the DAY..

It was our resting time for our team, spewed rubbish and talk nothing but nonsense with My team..

Night fall and all of us went to sleep in our individual hammock...

SSG Ong had a ultimate scary encounter there even before I was attached to Brunei, exactly the same place (which I will post later). 

I was dozing off, hidden in my hammock, light from the picnic lantern lit at the ammo point crept into the cocoon-like hammock forming a straight line cast from the roof...I was dozing off and the hammock stop cradling me to and fro... And out of a sudden, I felt a push from the side.. Immediately, I woke up from shock... Thinking that it might be my own actions that I did sub-consciously while falling asleep, i brushed it off..

I dozed off again the second time. Similar situation like the first time, the light, the cradling... Then it happened again... This time a harder push... I thought to myself "Siao liao, this time sure kena le!"

I begun spewing out apologies in all the languages and dialects I know as I am afraid I might offend them in any way... I remember I kept repeating 'Maaf" - "Sorry" in Malay...

And said out loud: "Sir,  明天我什么 move out?" 

Cpt Poh: "@#$%^& Shay, 么晚?"

To me, thats sufficient... I need to know I am safe as I am still with human beings and not caught in the twilight zone... and I force myself to go to sleep...

It could be luck the 1st time, coincidence the 2nd, but the 3rd time??

As everything settled and the scenario appeared to be similar... Hammock stop swaying, the light start to be horizontally straight, I felt it the third time... It was definitely a small hand, I felt it from my side... I told myself I must get the hell out of the place and sleep somewhere else, and before I could open my hammock and get the hell out of my cocoon, I felt the 4th push, the hardest of them all, I nearly fell off my hammock..

Once my hammock opened, I prayed that I will not see that kind of things, and thankfully I didnt, I slipped my feet into my boots and dash off... In the end, I chose the place with the light - The Ammo point, and slept till morning.

The next day at 445am, I went back to that place where my team were.. My MSG Tan was already up and said.. "Sir, 么早就起床,去巡... 非常 power!" 

I replied: "Ya, 睡不着,所以我去走走.." I didnt dare to tell them I met up with the strange activity last night, I thought they will be freaked out as MSG Tan were around when SSG Ong met with his scary encounter. So I kept my mouth shut... 

Day begun and I brought the next platoon to the battle course and when I return it was noon time.. Thinking it was noon time where the sun is at the brightest and I am in my most daring mood, I broke the news to my team while they were having lunch. I made the wrong choice.. Below were the comments from my team;

Cpt Poh: "@#$%^& Shay, 你放生我,没有告自己跑掉, sibeh 没有!"

Msg Tan: "Wa Sir, 你很 power, but why tell us now!"

Ssg Ong: "Wa jialat liao, siao liao, lai liao..."

Thereafter, I went on to explain and describe the entire nightmare to them... Times up, I have to go about bringing the last platoon to the course and return at the evening time, just before nightfall... We had dinner and then to ease our boredom, the 4 of us started to play cards...

Then my Cpt Poh which got the nickname (Cpt 大粒) from me said... "Ok,  "daidee" ,今晚 那个小男孩会来找他!" Then he went on and on, non-stop for every game like, whoever the loser is, The small kid will come and visit him at night and ask for sweets, so the loser must put sweets in his pocket.. Everyone except him was seriously afraid, he went on to joke and ask me, why didnt I scold the small kid when he came to disturb me?"

He added that those things are afraid of us when we are angry and scold vulgarities at them. As I am also full of rubbish, i replied: "Sir, 如果我他粗生气叫他的父母来then  really up the lorry le!"

Time really fly by when you are spewing nonsense..  And after so many dares and matches of "daidee" we are poised for the night rest. I couldnt sleep and force myself to hide in the cocoon again, coz whenever I close the top of the hammock, I pictured the same incident that had happened last night to happen again, but if I dont close, There will be loads of small vampire flies ready for my blood.  So i hid inside the hammock again. Not long when all of us are into the hammock, Cpt 大粒 shouted: "@#$%^&*, #$%^&,@#%^&*, Dont come and disturb me!"

So everyone in their hammock know what happened to him... Then I shouted across the hut to ask him what had happened out of concern. If I knew what was his reply, I swore I will keep my mouth shut and mind my own business.. He said: "!@#$%^& Shay, 他来 disturb 他粗他跑掉了but 他会来找你!"

After this sentence, I really cant sleep and Ssg Ong ask me whether I want to talk cock through the night and I readily agreed.. While we were talking, Msg Tan handphone rang. Its a message from his wife, but the issue here is , that place is in the middle of nowhere and there isnt any reception! He too, came out of his hammock and joined us and chit chat till we were so tired that we just went back to our hammock and hibernate till the sun came out... ...

0 comments: