BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Grandpa Funeral...

This incident happened when I was 7 years old, dated 1989.


My Grandpa according to my Mum was a stern man of a few words. I remember him as a doting Grandpa which likes to play with me when i stayed over, always asking me "come, box with me"..

I was at his place when my Grandpa passed away, and at that age I was told Grandpa passed away while having lunch in the kitchen with My Cousin, Carol feeding me, my very first impression was the typical "Pirate" - Skull and Bones sign, thats all...

The incident happened during his funeral.
At his wake, all the grandchildren are required to kneel or sit around the coffin during prayers, and naturally all 14 grandchildren were seated around the coffin. 
The Prayers normally will take quite some time, and this is when my 3 mischievous cousins, " Leong, Shue and Peter" decided to entertain themselves.

Seated around the coffin, Leong started showing off playing with lighter, pinching the flame and went on the show the thumb pulling trick - claiming that its all magic.
Things went from bad to worse, Shue and Peter joined in and started tossing peanuts to each other underneath the coffin as they are opposite each other. From peanuts, it became paper bullets, all these flying underneath the coffin!

That night, 
Incidents happened, 
1st - Leong got choked by a fish bone during dinner, and its really a serious one, from swallowing of rice and all, it doesnt seems to help and made my 1st Aunt really worried, thankfully the fish bone is retrieved after much torture.
2nd - Shue fainted out of the blue and was sent up to rest in my granny's place.
3rd - Peter, got the worse deal in my sense, went to the temporary toilet to pee but somehow got his leg stuck into the toilet bowl. No one could pull his leg out, its only until the vendor that rent the toilet that came down and almost dismantle the whole thing, than Peter got his leg out of the hole.

I dont know what happened that leads to these incidents and no one ask but maybe one of these days, I shall ask one of them and hear the side of their stories.

0 comments: